RPET, material widely used in the advertising object industry, is a recycling version of PET (polyethylene terephthalate) from the food industry.
Water and soda bottles are probably the most common PET objects. This abundant material, which was buried for a long time without any further recovery, is now washed, crushed and then reused in granulated form to produce various objects in rPET. This recycled material helps to limit greenhouse gas emissions and contributes to energy savings.
The RPET advantages :
- A carbon footprint 90% lower than that of nylon.
- A carbon footprint 75% lower than that of polyester.
- 50% lower carbon footprint than cotton.
- This polymer is 100% recyclable and has all the qualities of polyester.
“rPET ecological scores” are in its favor. Recycling PET allows to save up to 60% of energy .. and 1 ton of recycled PET saves 1 to 1.2 tons of oil.
There are many objects in rPET: writing and stationery supplies, fabrics and luggage products, various objects, from kitchen utensils to simple goodies… The universe of rPET goodies is even more vast than the one of PET products. Although it may not appear directly to the consumer, the conversion of waste into objects is a very concrete reality, whether it be fibers for weaving or granules used hot for molding.
The numerous lives of a well sorted and recycled plastic packaging
When plastic packaging are well sorted, it is sure to be well recycled. Depending on their material, they will become new products that are very useful in everyday life. Often they will even be sorted and recycled again for another new use.
A few examples in numbers! We make :
- 1 pen with half bottle,
- 1 scarf with 2 bottles,
- 1 sweater with 15 bottles,
- 1 extra-large t-shirt with 5 bottles of soda,
- 1 teddy bear filling with 6 bottles of dishwashing liquid,
- 1 car seat with 7 cans of detergent,
- 1 public bench with 450 cans of washing powder,
- 1 hanger with 6 yoghurt pots,
- 2 garbage bags with 7 films and plastic bags….
Some examples of products made of rPET
In summary, using the RPET means integrating environmental issues into all communication campaigns. Beyond the industrial initiative, it allows to encourage recycling among consumers.